John is a lifelong Houstonian, and received both his B.A. and J.D. from the University of Houston. He and his wife Diane have three lovely children: Sam (24), Melanie (23), and Emily (18). Together they are members of Holy Rosary Catholic Church.
- University of Houston, B.A., 1993
- University of Houston, Bates College of Law, J.D., 1995
- Licensed to practice law, 1995
- Licensed to practice law in federal court, 1996
- Primary area of practice, general litigation, 1995 – present
- Trial experience: Thousands of contested matters including motions, bench trials and jury trials.
- Retired Houston Police Department Office, Master Patrolman, 1978 – 2006
- Worked undercover in the Narcotics Division, Gang Task Force, Chief of FAST Team Nuisance Abatement Unit (closing down high-crime nuisance properties), Legal Services attorney for the HPD Chief of Police Harold Hurtt , with a concentration in arbitration.
- Founder, past president and board member of conservative courthouse watchdog organization, POLICE, Inc. (Peace Officers Looking Into Courthouse Excellence) 1995 – present
- Worked in numerous judicial campaigns, 1994 – present.
- Received numerous police commendations from Houston Police Department for significant narcotics seizures in the Houston community, among others.
- Member of State Bar of Texas
- Member of Houston Bar Association
- Member Knights of Columbus, 2000- present
- Member Houston Police Department Ski Team, 1992
- Founder, member of Houston Police Department Rugby Team, 1983